查看: 31245|回复: 2

英诗同题翻译第十一期 (征集译文)

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-10-12 20:09:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 宛城卧龙 于 2018-10-12 23:45 编辑

英诗同题翻译第十一
(征集译文)

各位老师、译友、英语学习爱好者:
    相约周末,我们一起来翻译!今天我们开启《英诗同题翻译》(第十一期)译文征集,经综合各方面意见和建议,从本期开始《英诗同题翻译》将逐步选取外国的最新诗歌进行首译,本期特别选取英国诗人Denise Riley的诗歌 A Nueva York。诗歌A Nueva York选自Denise Riley的诗集Dry Air。期待各位老师、译者、英语学习爱好者最新佳译。

一、投稿要求
    (一)译文。译文以“信达雅”为基本原则,译者可根据对原诗的理解和翻译考量,鼓励自由体、民族体等多种译文形式并存,百家争鸣、百花齐放。
    (二)译后感。译文为根基,在此基础上,要求译者撰写“译后感”,字数控制在500字以内。
    (三)译者简介。《英诗同题翻译》最基本的原则,就是高度重视每一位译者的劳动成果,每一期都要求译者写出简介,予以推介。译者简介字数控制在150字以内。

二、投稿地址
    各位老师、译者、英语学习爱好者如有佳译(译文+译后感+译者简介),请将译文发到274957944@qq.com

三、第十一期截稿日期
    本期截稿日期为10月26日(翻译时间为两周)。
                                                              中国诗歌网翻译版
                                                               2018年10月12日

附件:《英诗同题翻译》第十一期选题:

A Nueva York

“In order to create life, it is merely necessary to advance in a straight line towards all that we love”

I would do it for you but not here
it is a matter of seasonal change, it
is slow & unconcerned with the particulars
of now and individual wilfulness
it regards autumn as one natural
grace to arrive, the humanity of it
deflected and no cries to be heard
even the private affections turned to
larger change. And with the change
the statement of the need to merely
head directly; the arrow does for a
harder sign. Indicate the clear lake
it is precise and we anticipate it
truly and already know by heart this
clearness, and engage. In this hour’s
ripening it is chill, it unnerves
me, it is suggestibility: but
verging on a fall, it is also to be
lived through, it exhausts. No era
changes palaces, old burr of swallows
lavender that prime spring I broke
through the abyss. Master I spoke
directly an arrow through me, ice?
questions come in fits a small pony
a name dragged across the sun eel-like
to me poor thing you think to be at the
centre skin of the royal worm, egg,
door of the world, they’d trail to all
parts for peace, just that, pushed up
close into one another to swap grand
secrets. Companions, doves of one wish,
mine, go straight ahead to where I’ll
find you, the man of dry vision hails his
ornaments yellow basilica red brook red
carp. Fear is marvellous and simultaneity,
this morning Saigon the tombs swollen the mouth’s rock.
Between us we came down to the clear world
and went out together to observe the stars.

关于作者
      Denise Riley was born in Carlisle, England. Educated at Cambridge and Oxford, she is known for her ability to meld philosophy, feminism, lyric, and literary history in books of poetry and prose. She is the author of the poetry collections Marxism for Infants (1977); the volume No Fee (1979), with Wendy Mulford; Dry Air (1985); Stair Spirit (1992); Mop Georgette (1993);Selected Poems (2000); and Say Something Back (2016), which was nominated for a Forward Prize for Best Poetry Collection. Riley’s nonfiction prose includes works such as War in the Nursery: Theories of the Child and Mother(1983); 'Am I That Name?': Feminism and the Category of Women in History(1988); The Words of Selves: Identification, Solidarity, Irony (2000); andImpersonal Passion: Language as Affect (2005). Her chapbook, Time Lived, Without Its Flow (2012), is a meditation on time after the sudden death of a child. Linking poetry and prose, a sequence of 20 short poems from the chapbook, titled “A Part Song,” was published in the London Review of Booksand won a Forward Poetry Prize for Best Single Poem. Her most recent book is Say Something Back (Picador, 2016).

Riley’s poetry is known for her rigorous, unsentimental, moving attempts to chart the multiple positions, frameworks, and frequencies constituting a poem’s “I.” In an interview with Kevin Corcoran, Riley addressed the influence of song on her poetics: “Perhaps song in general is, in the end, purely ‘for itself’. Whereas in ‘A Part Song’, its particular question was: what is the song for, in the teeth of this particular death. What can it do now? And what is its singer for, now? The only answer is: this instance of song is simply its own existence as voiced solidarity with the [not uncommon] experience of being left alive when your child isn’t. But this solidarity lies in raising that question of what it’s for, in concert with others’ questioning, rather than in anything averred inside the poem itself. … There’s a universal impulse to ask, a need to know, however unlikely it is that any answer can appear; and here’s just another instance of that usual impulse, still making its noise.”

Riley edited the collection Poets on Writing: Britain 1970–1991 (1992). She has been A. D. White professor-at-large at Cornell University and writer-in-residence at the Tate Gallery and is currently professor of poetry and history of ideas at the University of East Anglia. She lives in London.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-10-12 23:03:06 | 显示全部楼层
夜读佳作!问如诗友!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-10-12 23:44:56 | 显示全部楼层
姚大鹏 发表于 2018-10-12 23:03
夜读佳作!问如诗友!

可以尝试翻译 一下,属于首译,时间两周
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中诗网 ( 京ICP备:12024093号-1|京公网安备 11010502045403号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 11:25 , Processed in 0.083275 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On.