|
发表于 2010-8-26 17:24:56
|
显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 yeathman 于 2010-9-5 22:03 编辑
我也凑凑热闹,翻译一小段:
The Golden Years 金色流年
by Billy Collins
All I do these drawn-out days 待在野鸡山,日子太冗长
is sit in my kitchen at Pheasant Ridge 终日无所事,静坐在厨房
where there are no pheasants to be seen 四下寻觅久,不见野鸡样
and last time I looked, no ridge. 上次抬眼望,不见山之梁
I could drive over to Quail Falls 我曾驾车行,去鹌鹑瀑布
and spend the day there playing bridge, 玩了玩桥牌,终日便荒芜
but the lack of a falls and the absence of quail 瀑布无影踪,鹌鹑无觅处
would only remind me of Pheasant Ridge. 唯独提醒我,野鸡山小屋
I know a widow at Fox Run 狐狸道寡妇,跟我老相识
and another with a condo at Smokey Ledge. 云烟崖孀妇,寡居一斗室
One of them smokes, and neither can run, 都不善奔跑,一人会抽烟
so I’ll stick to the pledge I made to Midge. 因此我坚守,对蠓之誓言
Who frightened the fox and bulldozed the ledge? 谁吓跑狐狸,推平了山崖?
I ask in my kitchen at Pheasant Ridge. 我在厨房里,自问自己答。
|
|