Acting Like a Tree | 扮成一棵树 |
by Jonathan Aaron | 乔安森·亚伦 |
|
|
When I got to the party and saw everybody
| 我来到聚会之地
|
walking around in Christmas costumes,
| 看到大家都身着圣诞彩衣
|
I remembered I was supposed to be wearing one, too.
| 才想起我也应盛装出席。
|
Bending slightly, I held out my hands
| 我稍稍弯着腰,将双手伸出
|
and waved them a little, wiggling my fingers.
| 微微摆动十指,手臂轻挥舞,
|
I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips, making
| 眯着眼,撅起嘴,扮成一棵树。
|
a tree face, and started slowly hopping on one foot,
| 我想象林中随风而动的树木
|
then the other, the way I imagine trees do
| 开始慢慢跳起,一步接一步
|
in the forest when they’re not being watched.
| 对旁人熟视无睹。
|
Maybe people would take me for a hemlock,
| 也许大家认为我就是铁杉树一棵
|
or a tamarack. A little girl disguised as an elf
| 但有个扮成精灵的女孩眼睛充满疑惑
|
looked at me skeptically. Oh, come on!
| 她的表情质问我:
|
her expression said. You call that acting like a tree?
| 噢,算了吧,你这棵树再难看不过!
|
Behind her I could see a guy in a reindeer suit
| 我看到在她身后
|
sitting down at the piano. As he hit the opening
| 一个男孩扮成驯鹿在钢琴上练手。
|
chords of “Joy to the World” I closed my eyes
| 听着开场曲子《普世欢腾》的节奏
|
and tried again. This time I could feel the wind
| 我闭上眼,然后慢慢睁开双眸。
|
struggling to lift my boughs, which were heavy
| 此时我感到积雪的枝桠被寒风刮起
|
with snow. I was clinging to a mountain crag
| 我在峭壁之巅高高屹立
|
and could see over the tops of other trees a few late-
| 能够看到远方树顶上点点云霁
|
afternoon clouds and the thin red ribbon of a river.
| 落霞尽染,河流如淡红丝带飘天际。
|
I smelled more snow in the air. A gust or two whispered
| 我闻到空气中飘雪的味道
|
around my neck and face, but by now
| 一阵风迎面吹过,耳语潇潇
|
all I could hear was the meditative creaking
| 我只听到
|
of this neighbor or that—and a moment later, farther off,
| 旁边岩石冥想时的噗噗心跳
|
the faint but eager call of a wolf.
| 还有远处隐隐约约的狼嚎
|