有的網站上也祝我生日。不知怎麼弄錯的。我一般做農曆生日﹐恰好是元宵日。公曆
也在2月。無論如何﹐還是謝謝。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-16 14:56:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复 31# 卧龙先生 的帖子

Mr Crouching Dragon:

How do you do?

You talked about "一个自认为英文很好的人,遇到外国朋友,却张不开口,那算是懂了外文了吗?" It's indeed an interesting observation, but I am afraid such a beast does not exist.

Of course, there are people who claim to have mastered the language (in its written form) but fail to utter a single syllable when an occassion arises for him to speak. But no, I am not talking about this kind of self-declared 'English master'.

You seem to suggest, with the above, that there are English learners who can write very well but struggle in vain in daily conversation. I beg to differ.

I am of the opinion that there is no way for people who write very well--and I mean very well, very native-like with minimal grammatical erors-- to fail completely in conversation. Listening and reading comprehension, oral presentation and writing are interlinked skills. Sure, it is possible for one to excel in one but 'suck' at another. A good writer may not necessarily be eloquent or articulate and may even stammer slightly. But barring serious physical handicaps in his vocal department, he would generally have no problem with verbally expressing himself. Excellent proficiency in one skill and complete failure in another? I would say it is highly unlikely.

For those self-proclaimed 'English masters', it is probably high time that you re-examined your so-called mastery. :P

I think I should stop here. Thank you for reading.

---Rambling thoughts in an otherwise boring afternoon---
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-16 23:50:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复 53# CEJ 的帖子

首先问候 CEJ 先生(或女士)

朋友新来网站,就参与讨论,非常感谢。
我先做一个说明,我写的那些,随意性很大,包括小标题也是想到哪就写到哪里,
借海外老师这个帖子 凑凑热闹,呵呵!确实也写了点我自己的想法、

其实,说道根上,我比较认同老辈的学习方法:稍微学习一点语音和语法知识,就马上开始读原著。

按说,基本口语对话应该是英文学习中相对简单的,但是高级的口语,应该是有丰富的“知识结构”。这个要大量的读书,脑子里有东西。

当然这些都是纸上谈兵,好多东西,都是说起来很轻松,做起来啊,倒是很不容易的。

呵呵  这里就是凑凑热闹,谈谈体会。每个人学习英文 时间久了 就会有自己的一套想法,和实践经验。

问候先生,愿我们继续讨论下去,可以在翻译上 活着口语上  我下一步 想录一些英文诗词朗读 欢迎指导
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-17 16:57:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复 54# 卧龙先生 的帖子

Mr Crouching Dragon,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. You can call me CEJ. I am a guy.

I must confess I know next to nought about literature in general and poetry in particular. I am here to learn from you guys.

Thank you.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-18 03:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
Welcome, Mr.  CEJ!  It's hard to remember for old men.  How about calling you CEO?  kiddng.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-18 12:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Mr Overseas Hermit,

Nice to 'meet' you. I see that you are one of the big players around. So, yes, you can call me anything you fancy though I would grudgingly accept the grand title of CEO. After all, who wants to be the Chief Eccentric Officer? :)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-19 06:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
Me neither.  but  you'd like to be a  chief  executive officer.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-19 09:57:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复 58# 海外逸士 的帖子

Believe it or not, there are people who cannot care less about becoming a CEO.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-21 13:48:00 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 CEJ 于 2010-1-18 12:34:00 发表
Hi Mr Overseas Hermit,

Nice to 'meet' you. I see that you are one of the big players around. So, yes, you can call me anything you fancy though I would grudgingly accept the grand title of CEO. Aft......

hehehe, very interesting indeed, hehehe:P
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中诗网 ( 京ICP备:12024093号-1|京公网安备 11010502045403号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 10:58 , Processed in 0.090396 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On.