A Butterfly 蝴蝶
As I am walking on the grass alone, 当我独自漫步在草坪上
A butterfly, so lovely, flutters by; 一只可爱的蝴蝶在我身边扑翅而过
How high, now low, now o'er a mossy stone, 忽高忽低,飞越长满藓苔的石头上
And now it flits athwart before my eye, 它正轻快地在我眼前掠过
Now stops to sip some dews on blades so green, 在绿绿的叶片上停下,抿一口露水
Or flaps from flower to flower, the pollen glean. 扑飞着从一朵花到另一朵花,收集花粉
I follow it over a limpid rill, 我跟随它跨越清澈的小溪
And round an arbor covered with the vine. 围绕着一个爬满藤的支架
Then, lo! it plays upon the yonder sill, 瞧!他在远处的窗台上玩耍
And gracefully it dances in sunshine. 在阳光下优雅地起舞
I don't like black that's emblem of the vice, 我不喜欢黑,那是罪恶的象征
Nor green, the envy always it bespeaks, 不喜欢绿,那是妒忌的证据
Nor blue from which I seem to hear the sighs, 不喜欢蓝,我似乎听到叹息
Nor yellow which resembles the sallow cheeks, 不喜欢黄,它像病态的面颊
Nor red that makes me feel the ire and spleen, 不喜欢红,那让我感到愤怒
Nor motley, as the fickleness does it mean. 不喜欢杂色,它意味着多变
I'm fond of white, the color of your dress, 我却喜爱白,它是你衣裙的色泽
That chasteness represents and virtues best; 那象征着纯洁和最好的美德
'Tis worth a world of good, oh you I bless, 那值得世上所有的美德。噢!我祝福您
But why alone and never be at rest? 但为何孤独从不停息? |