本帖最后由 雨荷风 于 2015-10-8 03:02 编辑

我无心地向她提起了这件事如何翻译呢?偶需要高级一点的说法。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 08:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
10、《吉檀迦利》(31-35)_泰戈尔

Prisoner, tell me, who was it that bound you?'

“囚犯,告诉我,谁把你捆绑起来的?”

'It was my master,' said the prisoner. 'I thought I could outdo everybody in the world in wealth and power, and I amassed in my own treasure-hose the money due to my king. When sleep overcame me I lay upon the bed that was for my lord, and on waking up I found I was a prisoner in my own treasure-house.'

“是我的主人,”囚犯说,“我以为我能拥有盖世的财富与权力,而把国王的钱财聚敛在我的宝库里。睡意袭来,我躺到我主床上,醒来却发现自己成了宝库里的囚犯。”

'Prisoner, tell me, who was it that wrought this unbreakable chain?'

“囚犯,告诉我,是谁锻造了这坚牢的锁链?”

'It was I,' said the prisoner, 'who forged this chain very carefully. I thought my invincible power would hold the world captive leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip.'

“是我,”囚犯说,“是我费尽心思锻造而成的。我以为我无敌之权会征服整个世界,让自己安享无碍的自由。于是,夜以继日,烈火重锤,打造着这条铁链。待到工作完成,链接完善,牢不可破,我发现这铁链却把我捆绑起来。”

By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world. But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs, and thou keepest me free.

这世间爱我的人,千方百计护着我。你的爱与众不同,比他们的更伟大,你让我享受自由。

Lest I forget them they never venture to leave me alone. But day passes by after day and thou art not seen.

他们不敢让我独处,唯恐我忘掉他们。但时光流逝,你还未露面。

If I call not thee in my prayers, if I keep not thee in my heart, thy love for me still waits for my love.

即使我的祈祷没有呼唤你,即使我的心房没有住着你,你的爱依然在等待着我的爱。

When it was day they came into my house and said, 'We shall only take the smallest room here.'

白昼来临,他们走进我的房间,对我说:“我们只占用最小那间屋。”

They said, 'We shall help you in the worship of your God and humbly accept only our own share in his grace'; and then they took their seat in a corner and they sat quiet and meek.

他们说:“我们要帮你礼拜你的上帝,而只谦恭领受我们的那份恩典”;于是他们安静柔顺地在墙角坐下。

But in the darkness of night I find they break into my sacred shrine, strong and turbulent, and snatch with unholy greed the offerings from God's altar.

但是黑夜降临,我发现他们闯进我的圣堂,流露着邪恶的贪婪,攫取着圣坛上的祭品。

Let only that little be left of me whereby I may name thee my all.

只要我一息尚存,我就视你为我的一切。

Let only that little be left of my will whereby I may feel thee on every side, and come to thee in everything, and offer to thee my love every moment.

只要我一愿未灭,我就感觉你无处不在,无论何事,我都来向你请教,无论何时,我都把爱献给你。

Let only that little be left of me whereby I may never hide thee.

只要我一息尚存,我就绝不会把你藏匿。

Let only that little of my fetters be left whereby I am bound with thy will, and thy purpose is carried out in my life---and that is the fetter of thy love.

只要我脚镣仍在,我就与你的旨意紧密相连,你的意图在我生命中实现--这脚镣就是你的爱。

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;

在那里,心无所畏惧,头抬得高昂;

Where knowledge is free;

在那里,知识没有禁区;

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;

在那里,没有狭长的城墙把世界分裂为家国;

Where words come out from the depth of truth;

在那里,言辞从真理的深渊中喷涌而出;

Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;

在那里,不懈地张开双臂去拥抱“完美”;

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;

在那里,理性的清泉没有在积习的荒漠中迷路;

Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action--- Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

在那里,心灵受您指引,走向越来越广阔的思想与行动--进入自由的天国,天父呵,让我的祖国觉醒吧。

译于2007年2月16日。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
11、《吉檀迦利》(36-40)_泰戈尔

This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike, strike at the root of penury in my heart.

主呵,我对您祈祷--请您铲除,铲除我内心贫乏之根。

Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.

请赐予我力量,使我轻易地承受我的喜与悲。

Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.

请赐予我力量,使我的爱在劳役中硕果累累。

Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might.

请赐予我力量,使我永不抛弃穷人,也永不屈膝于淫威。

Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.

请赐予我力量,使我的心灵超越一切日常琐事。

And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love.

请再赐予我力量,使我臣服于您充满爱的意志。

I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power,---that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and the time come to take shelter in a silent obscurity.

我以为旅程已到尽头,而我精疲力竭--前路断绝,储粮耗尽,此刻正合退隐于静默鸿蒙中。

But I find that thy will knows no end in me. And when old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, new country is revealed with its wonders.

但我发现您的意志在我这里无尽延伸。旧的言语刚在舌尖上消失,新的音乐又从心灵中喷发;旧辙方迷处,呈现新的田野,充满千般奇妙。

That I want thee, only thee---let my heart repeat without end. All desires that distract me, day and night, are false and empty to the core.

让我的心不停地重复——我需要您,只需要您。日夜诱惑我的一切欲念,都是彻底的虚假与空虚。

As the night keeps hidden in its gloom the petition for light, even thus in the depth of my unconsciousness rings the cry---'I want thee, only thee'.

就像黑夜隐藏着对光明的祈求,我的无潜意识深处也呼喊着--“我需要您,只需要您”。

As the storm still seeks its end in peace when it strikes against peace with all its might, even thus my rebellion strikes against thy love and still its cry is---'I want thee, only thee'.

正如风暴全力冲击平静只为寻求平静的终点,我的反抗撞击着您的爱却大声呼喊着--“我需要您,只需要您”。

When the heart is hard and parched up, come upon me with a shower of mercy.

当心灵坚硬焦躁时,请洒我以慈霖。

When grace is lost from life, come with a burst of song.

当生命失去恩宠时,请赐我以欢歌。

When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest.

当嘈杂的工作四周喧闹地把我与外界隔绝时,静默的主呵,请携宁静与安息来我身旁。

When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner, break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.

当我乞丐似的心蹲伏在屋角时,国王呵,以王者之威仪破门而入。

When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one, thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder.

当欲念用诱惑与尘埃蒙蔽我的心灵时,呵,觉醒的圣者,请携雷电从天而降。

The rain has held back for days and days, my God, in my arid heart. The horizon is fiercely naked---not the thinnest cover of a soft cloud, not the vaguest hint of a distant cool shower.

上帝呵,我干枯的心好多天没有受雨水的滋润了。赤裸的天际--没有一片轻云的遮盖,没有一丝远雨的凉意。

Send thy angry storm, dark with death, if it is thy wish, and with lashes of lightning startle the sky from end to end.

如果您愿意,请降下狂怒的风暴,送来死寂的黑暗,并以闪电震慑诸天。

But call back, my lord, call back this pervading silent heat, still and keen and cruel, burning the heart with dire despair.

但是请您召回,主呵,召回这漫天沉默的炎热吧,它死寂、尖锐而又残忍,焚灼心灵,陷入可怕的绝望。

Let the cloud of grace bend low from above like the tearful look of the mother on the day of the father's wrath.

让慈云屈尊低垂,犹如父亲发怒时母亲含泪的眼光。

译于2007年2月23日。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
12、《吉檀迦利》(41-45)_泰戈尔

Where dost thou stand behind them all, my lover, hiding thyself in the shadows? They push thee and pass thee by on the dusty road, taking thee for naught. I wait here weary hours spreading my offerings for thee, while passers-by come and take my flowers, one by one, and my basket is nearly empty.

我的爱人,你站在大家背后,在阴影中藏身何处?道上尘土飞扬,他们推开你,扬长而去,没有理睬你。困倦时分,我铺开供品等候你,行人一朵一朵地拿走我的香花,几乎拿空了我的花篮。

The morning time is past, and the noon. In the shade of evening my eyes are drowsy with sleep. Men going home glance at me and smile and fill me with shame. I sit like a beggar maid, drawing my skirt over my face, and when they ask me, what it is I want, I drop my eyes and answer them not.

清晨、中午已过。暮色中,我倦眼迷蒙。回家的人们瞅着我,微笑着,令我满心羞惭。我坐在那里,像一个女丐,拉起裙儿盖上脸,他们问我想要什么,我垂目没有回答。

Oh, how, indeed, could I tell them that for thee I wait, and that thou hast promised to come. How could I utter for shame that I keep for my dowry this poverty. Ah, I hug this pride in the secret of my heart.

呵,真的,我怎能给他们说我在等你,而且你答应一定会来。我怎能抱愧地说这贫乏就是我的妆奁。呵,在我心隐秘处拥抱着这份自豪。

I sit on the grass and gaze upon the sky and dream of the sudden splendour of thy coming---all the lights ablaze, golden pennons flying over thy car, and they at the roadside standing agape, when they see thee come down from thy seat to raise me from the dust, and set at thy side this ragged beggar girl a-tremble with shame and pride, like a creeper in a summer breeze.

我坐在草地上,凝望着天空,梦想着你来临时顿然华丽辉煌--光彩闪耀,车辇上金旗飞扬,你从车座走下,把我从尘埃中扶起,坐在你身旁,这褴褛的丐女,交织着羞愧与自豪,像一枝蔓藤在夏日和风中摇颤,他们站在路旁,个个目瞪口呆。

But time glides on and still no sound of the wheels of thy chariot. Many a procession passes by with noise and shouts and glamour of glory. Is it only thou who wouldst stand in the shadow silent and behind them all? And only I who would wait and weep and wear out my heart in vain longing?

但是时间悄悄流逝,依然没听到你的车轮声。许多仪仗队伍走过,喧闹嘈杂,光彩夺目。你只要静默地站在他们背后的阴影中吗?而我只能等待着,哭泣着,在徒劳的渴盼中消磨着这颗心吗?

Early in the day it was whispered that we should sail in a boat, only thou and I, and never a soul in the world would know of this our pilgrimage to no country and to no end.

拂晓时分,你我密语着同去泛舟,这世间没人知道我们的远游,没有目标,没有尽头。

In that shoreless ocean, at thy silently listening smile my songs would swell in melodies, free as waves, free from all bondage of words.

在那无边大海上,在你静听的笑容中,我的歌儿旋律高昂,犹如海浪般地自由,摆脱一切文字的束缚。

Is the time not come yet? Are there works still to do? Lo, the evening has come down upon the shore and in the fading light the seabirds come flying to their nests.

时辰还未到吗?还有工作要做吗?看吧,暮色笼罩了海岸,微光中海鸟飞回了巢穴。

Who knows when the chains will be off, and the boat, like the last glimmer of sunset, vanish into the night?

谁知锁链何时会断开,而这船如落日余辉般地消融在黑夜中呢?

The day was when I did not keep myself in readiness for thee; and entering my heart unbidden even as one of the common crowd, unknown to me, my king, thou didst press the signet of eternity upon many a fleeting moment of my life.

国王呵,那天我还没做好准备,你就像一个素不相识的普通人不邀自来,进入我的心里,在许多转瞬即逝的生命流光中,盖上了永恒的印章。

And today when by chance I light upon them and see thy signature, I find they have lain scattered in the dust mixed with the memory of joys and sorrows of my trivial days forgotten.

今天,我无意中看见你的签印,发现它们与我那些遗忘的日常哀乐的回忆一起散落在尘埃里。

Thou didst not turn in contempt from my childish play among dust, and the steps that I heard in my playroom are the same that are echoing from star to star.

你不曾蔑视我在尘土中玩的幼稚游戏,在娱乐室里我听见的足音,其实与群星间的回响异曲同工。

This is my delight, thus to wait and watch at the wayside where shadow chases light and the rain comes in the wake of the summer.

阴晴无定、夏至雨来的时节里在路旁等候张望,这是我的快乐。

Messengers, with tidings from unknown skies, greet me and speed along the road. My heart is glad within, and the breath of the passing breeze is sweet.

信使们,从未知的天空捎来讯息,向我致意后又急着赶路。我满心欢喜,微风携着清香吹过。

From dawn till dusk I sit here before my door, and I know that of a sudden the happy moment will arrive when I shall see.

朝朝暮暮,我坐在门前,知道一看见你,幸福的时辰就突然来临。

In the meanwhile I smile and I sing all alone. In the meanwhile the air is filling with the perfume of promise.

此时,我独自笑着唱着。此刻,空气中弥漫着允诺的芳香。

Have you not heard his silent steps? He comes, comes, ever comes.

你还没听见他轻悄的步履吗?他在走来,走来,不停地走来。

Every moment and every age, every day and every night he comes, comes, ever comes.

每个瞬间,每个年代,日日夜夜,他在走来,走来,不停地走来。

Many a song have I sung in many a mood of mind, but all their notes have always proclaimed, 'He comes, comes, ever comes.'

我在许多心境里唱过许多歌曲,但是一切歌调都异口同声:“他在走来,走来,不停地走来。”

In the fragrant days of sunny April through the forest path he comes, comes, ever comes.

晴朗的四月芬芳天,他穿过林间小径走来,走来,不停地走来。

In the rainy gloom of July nights on the thundering chariot of clouds he comes, comes, ever comes.

阴暗的七月雨夜中,他坐着轰隆的云辇前来,前来,不停地前来。

In sorrow after sorrow it is his steps that press upon my heart, and it is the golden touch of his feet that makes my joy to shine.

愁绪相继中,他的脚步踏在我的心上,他的双脚给我宝贵的碰触,使我的喜悦闪耀光芒。

译于2007年2月24日。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
13、《吉檀迦利》(46-50)_泰戈尔

I know not from what distant time thou art ever coming nearer to meet me.

我不知从何久远之时,你为了见我就不断地朝向我走近。

Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye.

你的太阳与星辰不能将你永远隐匿在我视线之外。

In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard and thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret.

多少个晨昏,你的足音在我耳畔响起,你的信使悄悄走进我心里向我召唤。

I know not only why today my life is all astir, and a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart.

我不知为何今日我的生活激动不安,一种颤栗的喜悦从我的心上掠过。

It is as if the time were come to wind up my work, and I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence.

似乎已到收工的时间,我感到空气中飘来你的淡淡芳香。

The night is nearly spent waiting for him in vain. I fear lest in the morning he suddenly come to my door when I have fallen asleep wearied out. Oh friends, leave the way open to him--forbid him not.

长夜将尽,只是空等。我怕清晨倦睡时,他忽然到我门前。呵,朋友,将门给他开着——不要拦阻他。

If the sounds of his steps does not wake me, do not try to rouse me, I pray. I wish not to be called from my sleep by the clamorous choir of birds, by the riot of wind at the festival of morning light. Let me sleep undisturbed even if my lord comes of a sudden to my door.

倘若他的足音没有惊醒我,请你不要唤醒我。我不愿小鸟嘈杂的合唱与欢庆晨光的狂风将我从梦中吵醒。即使主突然到我门前,也让我睡着,别打扰我。

Ah, my sleep, precious sleep, which only waits for his touch to vanish. Ah, my closed eyes that would open their lids only to the light of his smile when he stands before me like a dream emerging from darkness of sleep.

呵,我的睡眠,宝贵的睡眠,只等他的触摸来化解。呵,当他像梦从睡眠的黑暗中浮现一般地站在我面前,我闭着的双眼只在他微笑的光芒中张开眼睑。

Let him appear before my sight as the first of all lights and all forms. The first thrill of joy to my awakened soul let it come from his glance.

让他以最初的光明和形象呈现在我眼前。让他瞥见我灵魂觉醒时最初喜悦的颤栗。

And let my return to myself be immediate return to him.

让自我的回归立刻成为向他的皈依。

The morning sea of silence broke into ripples of bird songs; and the flowers were all merry by the roadside; and the wealth of gold was scattered through the rift of the clouds while we busily went on our way and paid no heed.

清晨的静海荡漾着鸟语的涟漪;路边的繁花洋溢着欢欣;金光从云隙中散射出来,然而我们匆忙赶路,无心理睬。

We sang no glad songs nor played; we went not to the village for barter; we spoke not a word nor smiled; we lingered not on the way. We quickened our pave more and more as the time sped by.

我们既不欢歌也不嬉戏;不去村集中交易;沉默不语也不微笑;不在路上逗留。时间飞逝,我们也加快步伐。

The sun rose to the mid sky and doves cooed in the shade. Withered leaves danced and whirled in the hot air of noon. The shepherd boy drowsed and dreamed in the shadow of the banyan tree, and I laid myself down by the water and stretched my tired limbs on the grass.

太阳升到中天,鸽子在林荫中咕咕叫唤。枯叶随着正午的热风飞舞。牧童在榕树下沉入梦乡,而我在水边躺下,在草地上伸展我疲劳的肢体。

My companions laughed at me in scorn; they held their heads high and hurried on; they never looked back nor rested; they vanished in the distant blue haze. They crossed many meadows and hills, and passed through strange, far-away countries. All honour to you, heroic host of the interminable path! Mockery and reproach pricked me to rise, but found no response in me. I gave myself up for lost in the depth of a glad humiliation---in the shadow of a dim delight.

我的同伴们嘲笑我;他们昂首疾走;既不回顾也不休息;消失于远方碧霭之中。他们穿过许多草地与山岗,经过陌生遥远的村庄。漫长旅途的英雄们,光荣属于你们!讥笑与责备鞭策我站起来,却发现我没有反应。我甘心堕落在乐受羞辱的深渊中--在模糊快乐的阴影中。

The repose of the sun-embroidered green gloom slowly spread over my heart. I forgot for what I had travelled, and I surrendered my mind without struggle to the maze of shadows and songs.

阳光编织的绿荫将幽静慢慢笼罩我的心。我忘记了旅行目的,我的心灵毫无抵抗地向阴影与歌曲的迷宫投降。

At last, when I woke from my slumber and opened my eyes, I saw thee standing by me, flooding my sleep with thy smile. How I had feared that the path was long and wearisome, and the struggle to reach thee was hard!

最后,我从沉睡中醒来,睁开双眼,看见你站在我身边,用你的微笑沐浴着我的睡眠。我曾害怕这条道路多么漫长疲乏,我曾害怕到达你的努力多么艰苦!

You came down from your throne and stood at my cottage door.

你走下宝座站在我草舍门前。

I was singing all alone in a corner, and the melody caught your ear. You came down and stood at my cottage door.

我独自在屋角歌唱,旋律飘进你的耳朵。你走下来站在我草舍门前。

Masters are many in your hall, and songs are sung there at all hours. But the simple carol of this novice struck at your love. One plaintive little strain mingled with the great music of the world, and with a flower for a prize you came down and stopped at my cottage door.

你的厅堂里大师济济,一天到晚歌声不断。但是这新手质朴的唱颂却得到你的关爱。一支忧郁的小调融进这世界的伟大音乐,你走下宝座站在我草舍门前,拿一朵花来奖赏我。

I had gone a-begging from door to door in the village path, when thy golden chariot appeared in the distance like a gorgeous dream and I wondered who was this King of all kings!

当我在村路上沿门行乞时,你的金辇从远处出现,像一个华丽的梦,我不知道谁是这王中之王!

My hopes rose high and I thought my evil days were at an end, and I stood waiting for alms to be given unasked and for wealth scattered on all sides in the dust.

希望飞得很高,我觉得苦难日子到头了,我站着等候你主动的施与,等候你把财宝散掷在尘埃里。

The chariot stopped where I stood. Thy glance fell on me and thou camest down with a smile. I felt that the luck of my life had come at last. Then of a sudden thou didst hold out thy right hand and say 'What hast thou to give to me?'

车辇停在我站的地方。你看见我,微笑着下车。我觉得人生的好运终于来了。你突然伸出右手,对我说:“你有什么要给我?”

Ah, what a kingly jest was it to open thy palm to a beggar to beg! I was confused and stood undecided, and then from my wallet I slowly took out the least little grain of corn and gave it to thee.

呵,向一个乞丐伸手求乞真是一个天大的玩笑!我困惑不堪,犹疑地站着,然后从口袋里慢慢拿出一粒最小的玉米献给你。

But how great my surprise when at the day's end I emptied my bag on the floor to find a least little gram of gold among the poor heap. I bitterly wept and wished that I had had the heart to give thee my all.

但是当我晚上把口袋倒在地上时,我发现在乞讨来的残羹剩炙中有一粒金子,我大吃一惊。我痛哭流涕,悔恨自己没将全部都献给你。

译于2007年3月17日。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
14、莎士比亚十四行诗第8首

Sonnet 8 劝君缔结连理枝

Music to hear, why hear'st thou music sadly?
Sweets with sweets war not, joy delights in joy.
Why lovest thou that which thou receivest not gladly,
Or else receivest with pleasure thine annoy?
If the true concord of well-tuned sounds,
By unions married, do offend thine ear,
They do but sweetly chide thee, who confounds
In singleness the parts that thou shouldst bear.
Mark how one string, sweet husband to another,
Strikes each in each by mutual ordering,
Resembling sire and child and happy mother
Who all in one, one pleasing note do sing:
Whose speechless song, being many, seeming one,
Sings this to thee: 'thou single wilt prove none.'

音乐萦绕耳畔,你为何会忧戚?
甜蜜不克甜蜜,欢笑感染欢笑。
为何你爱上不乐意接受的东西?
或者为何你乐意接受你的烦恼?
犹如伴侣的交融发出悦耳天籁,
完美和谐的声音令你感觉烦心,
它们只不过委婉地责备你不该
沉迷独奏而厌恶你应担的本分。
看这一根弦是那一根弦的良人,
它们是怎样融洽地振荡与呼应;
宛如父亲、儿子和幸福的母亲,
齐声合唱的歌声令人愉悦尽兴。
它们的无词之歌似乎众口同声,
对你唱着:你独身将一无所成。

译于2007年2月14日。

========================

You're like music to listen to, so why does listening to music make you sad? Delightful and joyful things should complement one another. So why do you love things that make you unhappy and enjoy things that are bad for you? If music played well and in tune sounds bad to you, it's because that music is rebuking you for not playing your own part—not making your own harmony—by getting married and having children. Notice how the sound of two strings vibrating together in harmony is like a father and child and happy mother, who all sing one pleasing note together. Though their music has no words, the unity of their voices sings this warning to you: If you stay single, you'll be a childless nobody.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
15、莎士比亚十四行诗第17首

Sonnet 17 诗行难述君妩媚

Who will believe my verse in time to come,
If it were filled with your most high deserts?
Though yet heaven knows it is but as a tomb
Which hides your life, and shows not half your parts.
If I could write the beauty of your eyes,
And in fresh numbers number all your graces,
The age to come would say 'This poet lies;
Such heavenly touches ne'er touched earthly faces.'
So should my papers, yellowed with their age,
Be scorned, like old men of less truth than tongue,
And your true rights be termed a poet's rage
And stretched meter of an antique song:
But were some child of yours alive that time,
You should live twice, in it, and in my rhyme.

将来谁会相信我的诗文,
倘若处处对你赞美备至?
而天知道它不过是座坟,
又岂能显露你一半风姿!
倘若能描绘你美目流光,
清新诗行述尽万般妩媚。
后世会说“这诗人撒谎,
凡间面容岂有天国光辉!”
于是这些诗卷日渐泛黄,
仿佛饶舌老头遭人蔑视,
而你真容已成诗人狂想,
犹如远古歌谣言过其实。
但倘若那时你还有后代,
将与此诗重现你的光彩!

译于2008年7月16日。

======================

Who in the future will ever believe my poetry if I praise you as you deserve? Though, I have to admit, my poetry is like a tomb that actually hides what you are really like and doesn't manage to show even half of your true qualities. If I could capture in my writing how beautiful your eyes are and create new verses to list all of your wonderful attributes, decades from now people would say, "This poet lies. No human face was ever so divine." In this way, my poems (yellowed with age), would be scorned, like old men who talk too much without saying anything true, and what is really your due would be dismissed as a poet's madness, the false verses of an old song. But if some child of yours were still alive then, you would live twice: in the child, and in my poetry.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
16、莎士比亚十四行诗第18首

Sonnet 18 怎可将你比夏天?

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest;
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

迷你版

将汝比夏天,
而汝更温婉。
娇蕊风吹断,
夏天何其短!
灼日照千山,
容颜常暗淡。
无常云舒卷,
妩媚终凋残。
汝夏永安恬,
群芳长娇艳,
诗行永相伴,
死神空喟叹。
人类睁眼看,
与诗共璀璨。

译于2008年7月23日。

诗如迷你裙,
愈短愈有韵?
挥剑斩冗字,
招招动心魂?

打油版

怎可将汝比夏天?
汝比夏天更温婉。
五月娇蕊风吹断,
夏季风情何其短!
灼灼日光照苍天,
金色面庞常暗淡。
天道无常云舒卷,
世间妩媚终凋残。
汝有夏天永安恬,
满园群芳长娇艳,
不朽诗行永相伴,
死神对此空喟叹。
只要人类睁眼看,
此诗与汝共璀璨。

译于2008年7月22日。

我怎能将你比作夏日?
你比它更可爱更温婉。
狂风将五月蓓蕾吞噬,
夏日风情又何其短暂!
苍穹之眼照得太灼热,
金色容颜遭乌云遮挡。
有不测风云横加摧折,
世间妩媚终不免消亡。
而长夏伴你永不衰败,
亦将永葆你风姿曼妙。
当你与不朽诗行同在,
死神亦不敢对你夸耀。
只要人类还耳聪目明,
你与此诗将万古长青。

译于2008年7月19日。

我怎能把你比作宜人的夏天?
你比它更加可爱也更加温婉:
狂风把五月钟爱的蓓蕾摧残,
夏天延续的时间未免太短暂:
苍穹的眼睛有时照得太灼热,
金色的容颜常变得朦胧暗淡:
遭受机缘或自然变化的摧折;
一切美好事物终究不免雕残。
但是你永恒的夏天不会衰败,
你拥有的美丽会永伴你身旁,
死神不夸耀你在他影里徘徊,
当你在不朽诗行里与时同长。
只要人类能呼吸眼睛能看清,
此诗万世长存并赐予你生命。

译于2007年2月14日。

=========================
Shall I compare you to a summer day? You're lovelier and milder. Rough winds shake the pretty buds of May, and summer doesn't last nearly long enough. Sometimes the sun shines too hot, and often its golden face is darkened by clouds. And everything beautiful stops being beautiful, either by accident or simply in the course of nature. But your eternal summer will never fade, nor will you lose possession of your beauty, nor shall death brag that you are wandering in the underworld, once you're captured in my eternal verses. As long as men are alive and have eyes with which to see, this poem will live and keep you alive.
=========================

Notes:

(1) the eye of heaven: 太阳;把太阳比喻为苍穹之眼,甚妙!
(2) lease: 延续的一段时间 (a lease of life: 寿命)
(3) shake: 摇落 (to shake leaves from a tree: 把树叶从树上摇落)

这首诗,作者写给谁,写给俊美少年或黑色女郎,对我而言,似乎不重要。我爱的对象,无论是男是女,只是一扇门,只要他/她能引发一种强烈的爱,有肉体的欲望,更有精神的气息;透过这份爱,我可以升华自己渺小的生命,去触摸宇宙生命的神秘本源。永恒的爱,虽起于男女之情,但最终会超越男女之情,成为一种纯粹的精神之爱,那是完整的阴阳合一。因此,我渴望爱的对象,既有太阳的热情,也有月亮的温婉,既热情似火,也温柔如水,这种爱的理想,源于一种对完整生命或永恒生命的强烈渴望。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
17、莎士比亚十四行诗第20首

Sonnet 20

A woman's face with Nature's own hand painted
Hast thou, the master-mistress of my passion;
A woman's gentle heart, but not acquainted
With shifting change, as is false women's fashion;
An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling,
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth;
A man in hue, all 'hues' in his controlling,
Much steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created;
Till Nature, as she wrought thee, fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she prick'd thee out for women's pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure.

你有造化亲绘的女性脸庞,
你是我热恋的情妇兼情郎;
你有女性柔情,但未染上
虚矫女子习气而反复无常;
你善睐明眸比她们更明亮,
将所见之物抹上一片金黄;
你美貌绝伦占尽世间风光,
勾男人眼睛,惊女人心房。
造化她本欲将你造成姑娘,
没想到她竟为你坠入情网,
将一件东西加在你的身上,
无法占有你,真令我沮丧。
既然她挑你出来让女人爽,
爱给我,性给她们作宝藏。

译于2010年4月18日。

你由造化亲绘女性脸庞,
做我热恋的情妇兼情郎;
你有女性柔情甜美芬芳,
不像虚矫女子反复无常;
善睐明眸比她们更明亮,
将所见之物都抹上金黄;
你美貌绝伦而占尽风光,
勾男人眼睛惊女人心房。
造化她本欲造你成姑娘,
不料她竟为你坠入情网,
将一件东西加在你身上,
无法占有你真令我沮丧。
既然造化挑你让女人爽,
爱给我性给她们作宝藏。

译于2010年4月19日。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 09:19:00 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 无心剑 于 2010-7-27 17:30 编辑

18、Sonnet 29 无价柔情长相伴

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heav'n with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate.
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

时运不济遭冷眼,
身世飘零悲无助,
徒然呼喊扰聋天,
顾影自怜咒气数。
奢求前程更璀璨,
容颜俊美友拥簇,
渴望艺精见识宽,
乐事从来不知足。
自轻自贱淹心田,
念君猛然神气补,
宛如云雀晨翩跹,
鸣啭圣诗远凡俗。
无价柔情长相伴,
纵换王位何须顾。

译于2008年10月14~18日。

====================

When I'm in disgrace with everyone and my luck has deserted me, I sit all alone and cry about the fact that I'm an outcast, and bother God with useless cries, which fall on deaf ears, and look at myself and curse my fate, wishing that I had more to hope for, wishing I had this man's good looks and that man's friends, this man's skills and that man's opportunities, and totally dissatisfied with the things I usually enjoy the most. Yet, as I'm thinking these thoughts and almost hating myself, I happen to think about you, and then my condition improves—like a lark at daybreak rising up and leaving the earth far behind to sing hymns to God. For when I remember your sweet love, I feel so wealthy that I'd refuse to change places even with kings.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中诗网 ( 京ICP备:12024093号-1|京公网安备 11010502045403号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 05:28 , Processed in 0.215845 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On.